AIA+2030 Professional Series
Prepare for the New Energy Future™
||Registration is closed for the AIA Denver 2013 AIA+2030 Professional Series.
The series is limited to 60 participants so contact Nicolle Thompson to have your name added to the waiting list for series 4.
In January 2011, AIA Denver launched the AIA+2030 Professional Series, which is designed to help professionals create buildings that meet the ambitious energy efficiency goals of the Architecture 2030 Challenge®. Ten, once-monthly, four-hour sessions offer strategies to reach 60-100 percent reduction in fossil fuel greenhouse gas emissions, giving design professionals the knowledge and leverage to create next-generation, super-efficient buildings—and providing individuals with the skills that will set them apart in the marketplace.
Sessions are led by experts from academia and active practice, and feature regional case studies to illustrate concepts and lessons learned. This series is intended for participants who have at least an intermediate understanding of the suite of energy efficiency strategies and technologies available to design professionals. Session information is cumulative and aims to provide an overall understanding of specific design strategies and how that can be integrated to provide optimal results. Participants will be provided with tools to take back to their firms to help share and implement the knowledge and skills gained.
Fourth Fridays* (except as noted, and no session in June), 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. All sessions take place at the AIA Colorado office. 4 HSW/SD/GBCI credits per session; 40 HSW/SD/GBCI credits for the series. The series is moderated by Paul Hutton, AIA, of Cuningham Group.
- Jan. 25: The 2030 Challenge: Setting + Achieving Energy Goals with Integrated Design™
- Feb. 22: Getting to 50: the Power of Targets + Load Reductions™
- March 22: Accentuate the Positive: Climate Responsive Design™
- April 26: Passively Aggressive: Employing Passive Systems for Load Reduction™
- May 24: Skins: the Importance of the Thermal Envelope™
- July 26: Illuminating Savings: Daylighting and Integrated Lighting Strategies™
- Aug. 23: Right-sized: Equipment and Controls for Super-Efficient Building Systems™
- Sept. 27: Site Power: Renewable Energy Opportunities™
- Oct. 25: The Hand-off + Staying in Shape: Operations, Maintenance + Education™
- Nov. 15*: Putting it All Together: Achieving 2030 Goals on the Project and at the Office™
AIA Denver Gratefully Acknowledges the following AIA+2030 2013 sponsors:
Holcim (U.S.) Inc.; Modern Materials; The RMH Group, Inc.; and Shears Adkins Rockmore Architects
Ambient Energy; CAD-1, Inc.; USGBC
The AIA+2030 program was developed by AIA Seattle in partnership with Architecture 2030, Better Bricks, and the City of Seattle. The series is being adapted and presented locally by AIA Denver and the AIA Denver Committee on the Environment.