AIA membership renewals occur at the end of the calendar year, with final payments due by Jan. 15. AIA and Assoc. AIA members can renew on the AIA National website.
Membership renewals can be completed in one of the following five ways:
- Submit your invoice with payment via mail to:
The American Institute of Architects
P.O. Box 64185
Baltimore, MD 21264-4185
- Fax your invoice with payment information to 202.626.7547
- Call 800.242.3837 and follow the prompts for membership renewals
- E-mail your invoice with payment information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your payment online on the AIA National website (see step-by-step directions below for assistance)
Not sure if your dues have been paid? Visit www.aia.org and log-in to the Members Only section to check your balance.
*Professional Affiliate and Student Affiliate invoices are mailed from AIA Colorado in November. For questions about invoices or payment, contact the membership department at 303.446.2266.
Step-by-Step Online Renewal Directions
: You cannot renew online unless an invoice has been generated by the membership dept.
- Proceed to The AIA National website (www.aia.org)
- Click on "Renew Membership” in the upper right corner of the screen
- Log-in using your email address and your password (your email address must be identical to the email in your current member record)
- Unless you have changed it, your password will be your last name with the first letter upper case and the rest lower case, for example: Smith
- Click through the changes options.
- Click "Review Membership”
- Click "Pay Now” (please note that you cannot use this option if you are on a local or national payment plan because the only option is to pay in full).
- Be sure to click the box regarding privacy or you will receive an error message.
- You will receive an email confirmation/receipt once the transaction has been processed.