AIA membership renewals occur at the end of the calendar year, with final payments due by Jan. 15. AIA and Assoc. AIA members can renew online at www.aia.org/renew.
Membership renewals can be completed in one of the following ways:
- Submit your payment online on aia.org/renew (step-by-step directions below)
- Submit your invoice with payment via mail to:
The American Institute of Architects
P.O. Box 64185
Baltimore, MD 21264-4185
- Call 800.242.3837, option 2, and follow the prompts for membership renewals
- Fax your invoice with payment information to 202.626.7547
Not sure if your dues have been paid? Visit www.aia.org and log-in to the Members Only section to check your balance.
*Professional Affiliate and Student Affiliate invoices are mailed by AIA Colorado. Contact the AIA Colorado at 303.446.2266 with questions.
Step-by-Step Online Renewal Directions
: You cannot renew online unless an invoice has been generated by the AIA National membership department.
- Visit www.aia.org/renew
- Log-in using your email address and your password (your email address must be identical to the email in your current member record)
- Unless you have changed it, your password will be your last name with the first letter upper case and the rest lower case (i.e. Smith)
- Click through the changes options
- Click "Review Membership”
- Click "Pay Now” (you cannot use this option if you are on payment plan because the only option is to pay in full)
- Be sure to click the box regarding privacy or you will receive an error message
- You will receive an email confirmation/receipt once the transaction has been processed